Icaros magazine (https://myicaros.com) is owned and published by Purple Comma Publishing.
Our Data Protection and Privacy Notice can be viewed here.
© Purple Comma Publishing
All rights reserved. No part of Icaros magazine or website may be copied, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior written permission of Purple Comma Publishing and the author (as applicable). All rights with regard to the inherent/moral copyright in their work are reserved by the publisher, editor, authors and contributors. Copyright includes, but is not limited to, article content and images, the Icaros logo and any of its derivatives.
The publisher, editor, authors, contributors or related parties:
- bear no responsibility for any action or omission arising from the content made available in Icaros magazine, on the Icaros website, or on Icaros digital platforms;
- disclaim any and all responsibility and/or liability to any person or party by way of actions or consequences or results based partly or solely on the content and/or images and/or contributions appearing in Icaros magazine, on the Icaros website, on Icaros digital platforms, or any related platform.
Opinions expressed in Icaros magazine, on the Icaros website, or on Icaros digital platforms are not necessarily those of Purple Comma Publishing.
Whilst every care is taken of material submitted to Icaros for publication, no responsibility can be accepted by the publisher, editor, or related parties for loss or damage.
Purple Comma Publishing is not able to investigate the products or services provided by the advertisers in Icaros magazine, on the Icaros website, or on Icaros digital platforms, nor to make recommendations about them. Purple Comma Publishing cannot act as a licensing or accreditation authority, but will investigate written complaints against advertisers. Please email any complaints to the editor of Icaros, Estelle Koch, at email@example.com.
Icaros magazine is made available to subscribers at no cost. Should you encounter any individual, party, venue or site charging for any issues of or content from Icaros magazine, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the date of subscription, each issue of Icaros magazine will be sent to the email address entered by the subscriber in the Icaros online subscription form. It is the responsibility of the subscriber to ensure their email address is up to date and correct at all times. You can choose to unsubscribe at any time by clicking here.
Icaros magazine is a digital magazine that is published by Purple Comma Publishing 6 times a year.
- Advertisements are accepted for publication in Icaros magazine and/or on the Icaros website and/or on Icaros digital platforms subject to the following conditions:
- Purple Comma Publishing reserves the right to decline or cancel the publication of any advertisement order that has been accepted.
- Purple Comma Publishing is not liable for any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever that the advertiser or any other person may suffer as a result of its failure to publish, or publish on a date other than specified, or any other errors of any kind.
- All advertisement instructions or confirmations of any kind, including cancellations, must be made in writing by the advertiser.
- All orders for advertisement placement are subject to space being available.
- Purple Comma Publishing will not be held liable for any omissions or inaccuracies in any advertisements, or for any consequences arising therefrom.
- Purple Comma Publishing reserves the right to:
- Edit, revise or reject any advertisement deemed to be untruthful, objectionable or unsuitable, irrespective of whether space has been booked for the advertisement or the advertisement has been accepted for publication.
- Suspend an issue without notice.
- Advertisements are not accepted on the basis of editorial coverage being given.
- Advertisers may replace or cancel booked and accepted advertisements up to 14 days prior to publication.
- In the case of late cancellation (less than 14 days prior to publication), or a failure to notify Purple Comma Publishing in writing about such a cancellation, the advertiser is responsible for the payment of the full amount as detailed in the booking form.
- Should an advertiser cancel an advertisement, this will render any preferential rate for multiple advertisement placements invalid. The advertiser will be liable for the full listed price.
- When new rates are announced, contract advertisers will be protected at their contract rates for the duration of their contracts.
- All orders are payable within 7 days of the date of invoice.
- Should any amount due by the advertiser not be paid within the agreed term, the advertiser shall be liable for interest at the maximum rate permitted by law from time to time, including, without limiting the generality thereof, The Usury Act No. 73 of 1968, and the Credit Agreement Act No. 75 of 1980 as amended and the National Credit Act. Interest will be added to the principal sum and the whole amount shall form the principal debt which shall bear interest.
- Should Purple Comma Publishing need to instruct attorneys to collect monies owed to it by the advertiser, the advertiser agrees to pay all costs, including collection charges.
- The deadline for receipt of final material is 14 days prior to the date of publication. Exceptions will only be made if advertisers consult in advance with the publisher. Failure to produce material by the deadline will constitute a material breach of the advertisement contract by the advertiser, and will render the advertiser liable for the full listed price of the advertisement.
- If material is received too late for publication, the booked space will be charged for and the publisher may replace the material with any other material of its choice.
- No advertisement changes will be accepted once production of the publication has commenced, the exact timing of which shall be at the sole discretion of the publisher.
- All advertisements, excluding classified listings, must be supplied as a PDF.
- Any agreement varying these terms and conditions shall not be valid unless made in writing and signed by both the advertiser and Purple Comma Publishing’s nominated representative.
- These terms and conditions will be deemed to have been read and accepted on signature of the Icaros magazine advertisement booking form by the advertiser or an authorised person acting on their behalf.
Icaros magazine accepts article submissions from contributors.
Articles selected for publication will be at the sole discretion of the magazine’s Editor and subject to editing.
By submitting your article(s) to email@example.com, you agree and confirm that:
- You are the author and owner of all copyrights to your article(s) and image(s).
- Your submissions are made on a zero-fee basis either now or in the future
- You will inform the editor of Icaros if the article has been previously published in any form (print, digital, etc.).
- The publisher, editor and related parties are not liable for any legal action that could arise from the article(s) or image(s) you submit.
- Icaros magazine, an imprint of Purple Comma Publishing, has permission to publish, distribute or use the article(s) or image(s) you submit in any way it deems appropriate, including but not limited to our websites and social media pages.
- These permissions are given to Icaros magazine, an imprint of Purple Comma Publishing, and to any successor or future owner of its assets.
- No other use is implied or granted.
Competitions and Giveaways
- You must be aged 18 or over to enter our competitions.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win a competition, or to be eligible for subscriber giveaways.
- Competition entries should include the answer to the question, your name and your email address.
- Competition prizes will be awarded to the first correct entry (or entries) drawn after the competition closing date.
- Giveaway winners will be selected from the subscriber list.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes and giveaways are not transferable and cannot be converted to cash.
- Winners will be notified by email and requested to respond within 7 days, failing which they will be deemed to have forfeited their prize and another winner will be drawn.
- By entering any of our competitions, you give permission to Icaros magazine and the prize sponsor to contact you for promotional purposes.
- Prizes and giveaways will be delivered only within South Africa.
- The publisher of Icaros magazine and prize sponsors reserve the right to cancel any competition should this be deemed necessary or due to circumstances beyond their control. Should this happen, all entrants and subscribers agree to waive any rights they may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse against the publisher, editor, sponsors or related parties.